Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rev up your skin for spring!

It seems like it's been an unusually long winter. My skin is definitely feeling it. I have been trying some new moisturizers, since that's about all I have time for these days. Just wanted to share a few. I was swearing by Alba Green tea moisturizer at the beginning of last year. It has a great texture, leaves your skin silky smooth and moisturized, smells delicious, and is mostly organic without all the harse chemicals to irritate sensitive skin. For about $18 at Target and Ulta it was a bit steep but a little goes a long way so it lasts for a while. I stumbled upon a wonderful gel moisturizer from Clinique when I was trying to buy my facial mist. She was out of the regular sized bottles but did have a kit that included a small mist, eye cream, and moisturizer. I just wanted to mist, so after listening to her talk for minutes about how great this moisturizer was and totally abandoning the reason why I went there in the first place, I just bought the damn package to shut her up. I was only going to use the mist. Sooo, I ran out of Alba finally...oh no! But wait! Clinique to the rescue. I used it. OMG was it good! Clinique Moisture Surge-Thirsty Skin Relief. There was no delicious scent, but it was so smooth, non-greasy, dried quickly, and my face stayed moisturized all day. It is now my favorite. Price tag, uhhh $34 at Macy's. After that ran out, I was on the search for something similar but cheaper. The gel moisturizers seem to spread beautifully, and allow you to apply all over the face without it half drying in the process and having to pull your skin. I found H2O skincare. Also a gel moisturizer, but same price as Clinique. I had a gift card so I said what the hell, and bought it. H2O has more moisture than Clinique's but it has an awkward smell to it. Sea mineral is active ingredient. It's not bad. But I don't fancy the smell. That's almost gone. I'm really starting to notice, it doesn't matter what I wash my face with, or the makeup I apply afterwards, it really depends on my moisturizer. I've heard great reviews on Philosophy's Hope in a Jar, so that will be what I try next.

No comments:

Post a Comment