Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Nail it every time! :-)

I've lived with the worst nails known to mankind for my entire life. I can barely grow them passed my fingertips and they bend both ways, break, chip, rip, tear,  you name it. Not only is it embarrassingly ugly but also painful when they break passed my skin. I tried so many things to take care of the problem but nothing ever worked. 

I have been on my new nail routine in the last month and just had to share with you all because to me its amazing. I took these tips from other blogs and I have never had my nails so hard in my life. First, if you have any damage from fake nails take care of that.

 Manicure nails, buff out any deep ridges, be careful not to buff or sand down too much, it just makes them thinner. Then you get a bowl or manicure dish and fill it with warm water, deep enough to cover the nails. Then add 1 teaspoon of sea salt to the water and soak your nails for 10-15 minutes. Do this once a day for 2 weeks. If you don't have any damage you can do it once or twice a week. 

Now to strengthen them I have used a few things.

 One is my nail brush. I use it to clean my nails when I wash my hands. Doing this as often as possible really is one of the best things for your nails. From what I've read it stimulates the nail to grow. And also from experience I'd have to say it has helped keep my cuticles from growing out of control. I got mine from Wal-Mart for $2 I think. 

Two is soaking them in warm water with a dash of milk and a dash of olive oil once a week. The oil seemed to also be great for my cuticles. 

Three is applying a clear coat strengthener after all is said and done. I usually apply 1-2 coats and then take i off before I soak my nails every week. I've used a lot of strengtheners but Develop 10 has the best one I've tried so far. It's $7.00 at Ulta. Develop10 Calcium Gel. It's also super shiny, I use it as a topcoat for my colored polishes and it gives you that slick wet nails look you see in the magazines. 

Four is just filing your nails a little bit every week. Making sure there are no rough edges that will turn into chips or tears. 

I hope this helps. It seems like a lot but it really isn't. The worst part is filing and shaping your nails but if you keep up with them weekly it will pay off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment