Thursday, April 14, 2011

I hear jingle bells, erh wedding bells

Alex and I have been engaged for what seems like forever. We are young with children, and we had better things to spend our money on. It has been so long I have reverted back to calling him boyfriend. I don't really like the word fiancĂ©e, it sounds too stuffy, and we aren't the stuffy type. Anyway! We didn't have a huge mess of a proposal or engagement, we just started talking about it one night. "Honey, are we ever going to get married?", "Yes, when you wanna do it?", "Whenever." , "Ok. Start planning." :-) Yeee that's all I needed. If I waited around for a second spectacular over the top romantic redo proposal...I would've been waiting a long time. Now I wished I had given myself more time, or asked in December. But I really want this to be an outside affair and good luck getting me into a dress by the end of September. So August 20th seemed good. Just enough time to go bald before the wedding and spend more money than I intended because it's last minute planning in the wedding biz.

So this is my new endeavorer. Classes will be over in less than 3 weeks and I can focus on what's important. Losing this baby weight. It will be a mostly diy wedding. Invitations, favors, food, flowers. I just don't see the point in buying all that stuff. Not when you're a craft fiend stay-at-home mother.Now if only I could make wine, we'd be in business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment